So Christmas is less than a week away!! (A WEEK!!) Where has the time gone?!
That means you can make your final festive bakes and finding quick and easy ways to decorate your Christmas cakes is key to create something beautiful and give you more time to enjoy the festivities!
If you managed to get your hands on the Winter Forest cake bag this month then one of the items included was this Katy Sue Designs Pine Cone mould.
There are 3 sizes of pine cone all in one mould!
In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to use the mould and use Sugarflair colours and edible tints to create realistic looking sugar pine cones.
All you will need is:
– Sugar modelling paste
– Woodland brown gel food colouring
– White edible tint
– Small paintbrush
– White alcohol (I used Vodka)
1) Colour the sugar modelling paste with the woodland brown food colouring gel until you reach a dark brown colour.
2) Roll the modelling paste into a ball and place in the mould. Press down to spread into the mould.
3) Flex the mould to loosen the modelling paste and it will simply pop out!
4) Mix the white edible tint with a little of the alcohol in a paint pallet to make a paint. Using a small paintbrush; brush downwards on the edge of each scale.
This adds more dimension to the pine cones giving them a more realistic and frosty feel!
You can use these to make wreath decorations or add a more snowy feel to your cakes and bakes along with other decorations.
And that’s our last post before Christmas!
We can’t wait to see all your festive bakes, so don’t forget to share with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #cakebagcreations.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!
Thirzah – Cakey Goodness xoxo