One of the items included in last months cake bag were these pretty gold mini baking cases.
You don’t just have to use these for baking mini cupcakes though; they are also great for presenting homemade chocolate truffles or easy no bake treats such as homemade peanut butter cups or even salted caramel cups! You don’t need many ingredients to create these easy treats (which I nearly devoured half of before editing this post!!)
To make these, you will need:
– 100g Milk Chocolate
– 100g Dark/Plain Chocolate
– 1 Jar of Salted Caramel (I used Bonne Maman)
– Gold Glimmer sugar or sprinkles of choice to decorate.
You will also need a mini cupcake pan, a couple of teaspoons and a squeezey bottle (I used one by Wilton that was included in a cake bag a few months back)
1) Pop the gold mini cupcake cases in the mini cupcake pan.
2) Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals or set over a pan of simmering water until fully melted and mix. Spoon the melted chocolate into the cases and use the back of the teaspoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the mini baking cases.
3) Pop in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill until just set. Spoon the salted caramel into the chocolate filled cases and pop back in the freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile; pour the remaining chocolate into the squeezey bottle.
4) Remove the caramel filled chocolate cases from the freezer and squeeze the chocolate over the top of the caramel to cover. Shake the tray to level out and sprinkle over the gold glimmer sugar or sprinkles.
Serve and enjoy!
These are so moreish and would be perfect packaged in little cellophane bags to give as gifts! You can use any fillings in place of the salted caramel such as peanut butter or the other spreads you can now pick up in the supermarket such as Bounty – topped with desiccated coconut or Crunchy spread – topped with popping candy!
Whatever you choose, don’t forget to share your creations with us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter using the hashtag #cakebagcreations.
Thirzah – Cakey Goodness xoxo